Greetings, valued clients. As we approach the summer months, we want to remind you of the importance of staying safe and healthy during hot weather, especially in Texas where temperatures can easily reach triple digits. In order to help you prepare for the season, we would like to share some helpful tips and precautions provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Please read on to learn how you and your loved ones can protect yourselves during these hot summer days.
1. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary or alcoholic beverages.
2. Dress appropriately: Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
3. Stay inside: If possible, stay indoors during the hottest parts of the day (usually between 10am-4pm).
4. Check on others: Make sure to check on elderly or ill family members, friends, and neighbors to ensure they are staying cool and hydrated.
5. Know the signs of heat exhaustion: Symptoms include heavy sweating, weakness, cold, pale, and clammy skin, a fast or weak pulse, nausea or vomiting, and fainting.
By following these precautions, you can enjoy the summer weather safely and avoid any heat-related illnesses. For more information, check out the Texas Department of State Health Services website. Stay safe, and stay cool!